MS Project Level 1
- Module 1: Wednesday 10th May – 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Module 2: Thursday 11th May – 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
These online webinars have been designed to replace classroom-based training whilst people are required to work from home. Participants have the option of either attending the live webinars at the scheduled date and time or alternatively can view a recording of the webinar at a time that suits them. Recordings will be available for 6 months after completion and a link to the recording will be sent to all participants following the live webinar along with all relevant course files – exercises, user reference guides etc. A trainer will be on hand via email to answer any queries or questions that might arise following the training.
The overriding objective is that users of MS Project can apply it as a powerful tool to develop competent and unambiguous schedules and to assist in communicating project deliverables and milestones.
This 4 Module remotely delivered course will provide delegates with an overview of project management techniques and how Microsoft Project can be effectively used to competently produce project schedules.
Participants should be PC literate, i.e., familiar with PCs/Laptops and have used a mouse and keyboard; be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; manage files and folders and be comfortable using MS Office applications such as MS Excel, MS Word etc.
MS Project software to be available to all participants prior to course start. When using Laptops, it is recommended that participants use a Mouse instead of the Track Pad.
MS PROJECT WEBINAR 1 – OVERVIEW
- Concepts of project management and scheduling
- The project lifecycle, project phases and the project baseline
- Fundamental importance of defining – and agreeing – project scope
- Developing a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to define project scope
- Creating a schedule based on the WBS
- Understanding task dependencies
- Setting the application to Auto Scheduled Mode
- Recommended commands for the Quick Access Toolbar
- Setting the Project Start/Finish and Working with the Project Calendar
- Entering Tasks
DEVELOPING A PROJECT SCHEDULE
- Moving, Deleting and Inserting Tasks
- Entering Recurring Tasks and Milestones
- Defining Task dependencies
- Applying Deadlines and Constraints
- Setting the Project Baseline
- Applying Views – Working with the Critical Path and Float/Slack
MS PROJECT WEBINAR 2: DEVELOPING A WORK BREAKDOWNS STRUCTURE & COMMUNICATION TECHNIQUES
Develop a Work Breakdown Structure & Simple Communication Techniques
- Standard Printing/Saving as a PDF
- Working with and Exporting the Timeline
- Using the Copy Picture Command
WORKING WITH RESOURCES
Creating a Resource Pool (Work & Material Resources)
- Assigning Resources to project tasks
- Understanding Effort Driven and Non-Effort Driven scheduling
- Working with Resource Calendars
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.