This programme is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to conduct effective interviews in an organisational setting. The course will provide participants with the tools and techniques necessary to ensure that the interview is well structured and the right person hired.
The programme is suitable for HR personnel and other employees involved in the recruitment and selection process.
At the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Define what an interview is.
- List the aims of the recruitment process.
- Complete an effective job analysis and person specification.
- Plan and prepare for the interview.
- Conduct an effective interview using probing questions and active listening techniques.
- Use behavioural based questions.
- Identify the pitfalls to avoid in interviewing.
- Review and analyse the candidate’s qualities against your scoring system.
A participative and interactive training approach will be followed throughout the programme. In tandem with a number of exercises (both individual and group), participants will be encouraged to discuss topics and share their own experiences. The programme will be evaluated informally during the course of the programme and by a formal questionnaire at its conclusion.
- Welcome, Introductions and General Overview of Programme
- What is an Interview?
- Types of Interviews
- Recruitment Process
- Aims of the Recruitment Process
- Stages of the Recruitment Process
- Completing a Job Analysis
- Attracting Suitable Candidates
- Planning for the Interview
- Preparing the venue
- Identifying Questions
- Interview Style
- Conducting the Interview
- Effective Questioning
- Active Listening
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Behavioural Interviewing
- Pitfalls to avoid.
- Decision Making Process
- Candidate’s Qualities vs. Scoring System
- Organisational Fit?
- Programme Review and Evaluation
- Programme Close
PowerPoint slides and handouts covering course content will be provided to all participants.
About the Trainer
Mike Roche has over 20 years of experience in the manufacturing sector, working both in engineering and as a Learning and Development practitioner in many multinational organisations. He has held management positions in engineering and has also been a Training Manager in an FDA regulated medical device organisation.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.