1) Membership is open to companies and other organisations involved in commercial activity, who are eligible to become members as representing the Commercial interests of the locality of Cork City and County. Members do not have to have a base in Cork in order to become a member.
2) Membership is subject to Board approval and Cork Chamber reserves a right to refuse membership without disclosing any reason. For Pioneer Membership, specific terms and conditions apply. Please view these here.
3) Cork Chamber membership is a business entitlement rather than a personal one. All employees of the member are therefore entitled to all Cork Chamber benefits and services when working on behalf of their member employer.
4) Membership in the first year is valid for 12 months and commences from the date on which a prospective member is approved the Board and thereby receives confirmation of membership from Cork Chamber. The benefits of membership commence immediately, and Membership Fees will become payable.
5) This subscription fee is determined by Cork Chamber, the sum of which is determined using the prevailing subscription scales which are based around the number of employees in your organisation. This is subject to change at the discretion of the Cork Chamber board once it exceeds no more than 10 per cent in any one year.
6) Membership will renew automatically for the next membership period as each 12-month term expires unless you or your organisation provide written (including email) notification that you do not wish to renew the membership. No payment will be taken for renewal until provided by you or your organisation, unless a Standing Order has been completed previously.
7) Membership fee is non-refundable, and membership is non-transferable.
8) Membership fees can be paid via EFT, cheque, credit card or Standing Order.
9) Payment should be made within 30 days. If no payment has been received within 3 months of your renewal or joining date, Cork Chamber on giving one month’s notice can terminate your membership and all services and benefits.
10) If a Member chooses to pay by Standing Order, that Membership will commence from the date the Member receives confirmation of membership from Cork Chamber or from the renewal date. It is the responsibility of the Member to ensure a Standing Order is completed, received by the relevant financial institution and that the first instalment payment is received by Cork Chamber within 30 days from the date of the commencement or renewal of Membership.
11) Whilst a Member may be entitled to cancel a Standing Order agreement at any time, the Member’s commitment remains to pay the full amount due for the initial and any subsequent 12-month membership terms. In those circumstances, all monies outstanding will fall due for immediate payment. A failure to pay that sum within 14 days of request may lead to membership benefits being suspended and/or membership cancelled, or the recovery of that fee as a debt.
12) A Member choosing not to renew their membership may do so by giving notice in writing at least one month before the day when the next subscription is due.
13) The Chamber will be entitled to cancel your membership if any outstanding fees, including but not limited to the subscription fee, remain unpaid for a period of three months after the date that payment is due; you have behaved in an inappropriate manner towards other members or towards The Chamber; you bring The Chamber or its reputation and good standing into disrepute through your actions; you breached these terms and conditions.
14) Members are entitled and encouraged to take advantage of the various opportunities that Cork Chamber offers.
15) Membership benefits are subject to change.
16) The Cork Chamber Member Information Centre and Member Directory can be used to reach out to fellow members however these should not be used to advertise or to send generic marketing emails promoting your services/products.
17) Cork Chamber shall have no liability for any losses suffered by a member as a result of using services offered by a fellow member. Cork Chamber shall have no responsibility for advice given or services provided by its members or by its third-party service providers even though such providers may have been introduced to the Member by Cork Chamber.
Use of Chamber Logo Terms & Conditions:
18) Members of Cork Chamber of Commerce are entitled to use the Cork Chamber ‘Member’ logo on any office stationery, marketing/digital materials and tender documentation. Members may only use the ‘Member’ logo for as long as they are members of Cork Chamber. In the event of a termination of membership that Member must immediately desist from use of the logo. At no time must the use and/or context of the ‘Member’ logo bring Cork Chamber into disrepute. Cork Chamber will be entitled to instruct a registered firm or client to remove the logo if, at its absolute discretion, it considers that continued use is prejudicial to the good name and reputation of the Cork Chamber service.
If you have any queries or would like help in using the logo, please do not hesitate to contact us at 021 4509044.