Practical Productivity Using MS Outlook
Would you like to have an EMPTY INBOX at the end of each day?! Would you like to schedule realistic days and never have to worry about forgetting to do or follow-up on a piece of work? Would you like to have an organised system that will help you work more effectively daily?
Then this course is for you! It will provide you with a totally practical and workable solution to managing your workload and time more effectively. The emphasis of the day is the practical application of the ‘Time Management Best Practice’ theory using MS Outlook as the tool. Do not let e-mail control your day – instead, you can take control through the customisation of MS Outlook and by using various features and tools within Outlook. Learn how to prioritise, set, manage and achieve realistic goals and tasks you set for yourself. Learn how to share information and work more effectively as a group. This course has been designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and competencies to effectively use Outlook as your organisational tool.
- All participants will be provided with an E-Bridge email address and phone number for any queries or questions that may arise following the training.
- All participants will be given access to a library of tutorials by way of an email containing the links to the relevant topics. As we record these tutorials ourselves the content/examples used will match those used during the classroom training. As a result, the participants will find them to be relevant and easy to follow. The tutorials will be available to participants for a limited time (6 months following the course).
- A Cork Chamber Skillnet / E-Bridge Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to each participant on completion of all courses. A sample copy is attached for your approval.
- This course is also a CPD accredited course accounting for 6 hours approved CPD credit.
At the end of the programme, all users will have an empty Inbox and will be able to use a process (the 4 D’s) to maintain this. They will also have an effective method of managing and prioritising workload.
Following this course participants will:
- Be aware of Time Management theory (Best Practice)
- Be familiar with MS Outlook Shortcut Keys
- Be able to use timesaving everyday functionality in MS Outlook
- Have customised Outlook to make it work more effectively as a time management tool
- Know how to create tasks to prioritise and manage workload
- Know how to create tasks directly from email as an effective method of deferring less urgent work
- Have the ability to use the calendar and tasks to manage working days realistically
- Able to collaborate with other users through meeting invitations, sharing calendars etc.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who feels overwhelmed by e-mail and workload and believes that….”There just aren’t enough hours in the day!”. For those who would like a practical solution that can immediately be implemented on return to the office.
- Time Management Principles
- Overview of MS Outlook Basics
- Customise Outlook
- Working with your Personal Calendar & Tasks
- Working with E-Mail
- Working with your Address Book
- Working with others / Data Collaboration
Participants should have a good working knowledge of MS Outlook.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About this Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type