Last month, Cork Chamber partnered with Savills at their property Ireland showcase in London. We were there to tell a story about Cork. For sometimes, when you have been away from home for a while it’s hard to keep up on the latest developments, changing skylines, new restaurants, or new career opportunities. And right now, not a week passes by in Cork without new announcements on one of these fronts.
So here are 14 reasons for why you should consider Cork your new home.
- Cork is set to become the fastest growing city in Ireland over the next 20 years. The population of the city is set to almost treble!
- 50% of Cork’s population is aged under 35 years.
- 60% of people in Cork get to work in 30 minutes or less.
- Cork is placed ideally situated between the markets of Asia-Pacific and the Americas.
- Over 150 FDI companies are located in Cork, with more than 60 overseas tech companies having chosen Cork as their European home.
- Cork is a university city and home to Ireland’s largest undergraduate business school.
- In Europe, Cork has the lowest latency broadband line direct to East Coast USA and there’s a new subsea cable to France underway.
- Our coast line stretches 1,100 kilometers and we are home to the world’s second largest natural harbour.
- Cork Airport has 9 daily flights to London, direct flights to East Coast USA, and to EU hub airports.
- Cork is home to more than 50 farmers’ markets a week & described as “Europe’s best-kept culinary secret” by Esquire Magazine (2018).
- Cork is full of character and offers a perfect work-life balance.
- The cost of commercial properties in Cork are highly competitive, and about half of that of Dublin.
- Cork is ranked as one of Europe’s top 25 cities of the future.
- We have more than 1,000,000 sq. ft. office spaces coming on stream in the next 18 months.
… Find many more reasons here.