This programme is designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to improve your self-management, prioritise your tasks, plan your time more effectively to achieve your personal and organisational goals and, as a result, improve your overall personal effectiveness.
The programme covers the following areas:
- Effective Time Management
- Components of Time Management
- Benefits and Challenges of Effective Time Management
- Compiling a Time Log
- 4D Process – Important vs. Urgent Tasks
- Prioritisation and Designing an Effective ‘To Do’ List.
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives
- Identifying Time Robbers
- Managing Interruptions
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Personal Effectiveness
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Managing Upwards
- Assertive Behaviour
- Getting the attention of a busy person
- Saying what you want to say
- ‘Managing your Manager’
- Emotional Intelligence & Influencing Others
- Personal Brand
- How are you perceived by others?
- Effective Delegation
- Focused Communication
- Active Listening
- Written Communication
Who Should Attend?
This programme is targeted at all employees who wish to maximise their effectiveness and improve their overall performance at work.
Top 3 Learning Outcomes
- Prioritise tasks more effectively using the Time Management Matrix.
- Manage time robbers and wasters more efficiently.
- Communicate more effectively, thereby improving overall personal effectiveness.
“Mike’s facilitation style allowed the delegates to actively participate in the Personal Effectiveness and Time Management programme. As a result of his approach, the participants felt that they maximised the learning outputs, thereby empowering them to quickly implement practical solutions on returning to their daily roles.”
– (Alison O’Regan – University of Limerick)
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Assess your work priorities and schedules.
- Prioritise your tasks.
- Set individual goals and objectives.
- Plan your time effectively to achieve your personal and organisational goals.
- Identify and manage time robbers such as emails, meetings, phone calls and interruptions.
- Overcome Procrastination.
- Manage your communications more effectively.
- Delegate tasks effectively.
- Effectively manage upwards.
- Improve your work output as a result of improved personal effectiveness.
“Mike has a very clear, concise and supportive training style which allows you to apply each area of the course to your own experience and work environment. I would highly recommend this course and Mike Roche as a trainer.”
– (Jenny Madigan – Trend Micro)
About the Trainer
- M.Sc in Training and Human Resource Management, University of Leicester
- B.E. Electrical Engineering, University College Cork
- Graduate Diploma in Management Studies, Institute of Commercial Management
- Focus on Training – Certificate in Training and Development, Irish Management Institute
Mike Roche has over 20 years of experience in the manufacturing sector, working both in engineering and as a Learning and Development practitioner in several multinational organisations. He has held management positions in engineering and has also been a Training Manager in an FDA regulated medical device organisation.
He is a full member of the Irish Institute of Training and Development (IITD), for whom he also delivers accredited training.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
MS PowerPointstarts in11days18places remaining