Mobile Video Creation
- Thursday 27th May & 3rd June – 09:30 am – 13:00 pm
- Thursday 9th & 16th September – 09:30 am – 13:00 pm
The Vidacademy was established in 2015 to make mobile videos simple for everyone. We achieve this through workshops, one to ones, online support, and workbooks.
We empower individuals and organisations to share their stories with the world by demonstrating the best processes, apps, tools, and platforms that they can use themselves.
The Vidacademy’s Mobile Video Production Workshop takes place online over two, 3.5 hours sessions with an assignment in between. This offers participants a deep dive into mobile video production.
Participants will be guided through the video production process from planning to uploading. The workshop gives attendees the chance to apply what they’re learning to their own objectives. This includes filling out online workbooks, a filming assignment at the end of workshop 1, and a detailed editing demonstration.
The Vidacademy believes that once a person has the knowledge to make one video, they will have the ability and confidence to make many more.
Schedule Outline: Session 1
- 09:30 – 10:00 Introduction and Story Spines
- 10:00 – 11:30 8 Steps to Planning Mobile Videos
- 11:30 – 11:45 Break
- 11:45 – 12:45 Mobile Filming Tips and Techniques
- 12:45 – 13:00 Assignment and Q&A
- 09:30 – 10:30 Assignment Review
- 10:30 – 11:00 Filming Demo
- 11:00 – 11:15 Break
- 11:15 – 12:15 Mobile Editing Demonstration
- 12:15 – 12:45 Video Marketing Tips and Strategies
- 12:45 – 13:00 Feedback and Conclusion
Who Should Attend?
- Marketers and Communicators
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
- Anyone interested in creating video content
Participants should have an up-to-date smartphone and a desire to create regular video content.
We used The Vidacademy to support our participants to shoot and edit their own videos for a recent showcase event. I was delighted with the videos and the feedback from the audience at the event was great. Judie has that great ability to combine a relaxed and sunny disposition with an attention to detail, professionalism and project management expertise which makes it very easy to work with her. I will be using The Vidacademy again.
Liam Fitzgerald, New Frontiers Cork
Top 3 Learning Outcomes
- Learn how mobile video content is planned, filmed, and edited.
- Gain confidence in incorporating video production into future marketing strategies.
- Be better equipped to collaborate with video professionals for more advanced video production as they will be familiar with the language, cost and time involved in video production.
Judie is absolutely brilliant and if you are looking to have your business stand out from the crowd I would strongly suggest The Vidacademy course. Judie is so professional, personable and down to Earth that even technophobes can do this!
Linda O’Connell – SVP Ireland
About the Trainer
Judie Russell graduated from University College Cork in 2006 with a Masters in Business Economics. Over the next 5 years, she lived and worked in 11 countries, and in Costa Rica, she worked with an affiliate marketing company presenting videos and producing over 100 minutes of YouTube content weekly – from live shows to industry news stories.
On returning to Ireland she completed a FETAC Level 6 in TV and Video Production. She then directed, produced, presented, and edited a magazine show that broadcast weekly on SKY. Then continuing on to edit RTE’s longest-running hidden camera show “The Fear”, and she was part of the small team behind the box office hit “The Young Offenders” the fastest Irish film to reach the €1m mark at the box office in 2015. And more recently she worked on a Channel 5 TV series, filming with the iPhone12.
Judie spoke at MojoCon 2016, the largest mobile journalism conference in the world, about how she turned her passion for storytelling into a mobile video training business. Judie has trained thousands of people in mobile video production and she is the video team lead with UCC Academy.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.