Certificate in Training Delivery & Evaluation (New Train the Trainer) – QQI Level 6
- February 26th, March 5th, 14th &22nd
- May 1st, 8th, 15th, & 22nd
- August 21st, 28th, September 4th, & 11th
- November 7th, 14th, 21st, & 28th
QQI Level 6 Training Delivery and Evaluation Component Award (6N3326)
The purpose of this Certificate in Training Delivery & Evaluation Programme is to provide you with the tools and techniques to effectively deliver, assess and evaluate your training programmes. You will gain practical experience and recognised certification as a trainer.
At the end of this training programme, you will be able to:
- Identify the key principles of adult learning and incorporate these into the design and delivery of your training activities.
- Set clear and specific training objectives for your programmes.
- Outline the roles and competencies of an effective trainer.
- Explain the principles of group dynamics in a training environment.
- Discuss the specific issues of equality, diversity and disability regarding training access and delivery in the context of current legislation.
- Identify the key components in preparing for training delivery.
- Deliver an effective training programme.
- Identify appropriate assessment techniques for a training intervention.
- Assess a range of models, techniques and approaches to evaluate training programmes effectively.
- Produce an evaluation report for a training programme, highlighting the areas of success and the opportunities for improvement.
Top 3 Learning Outcomes
- Improved confidence levels when delivering effective training programmes
- Use of appropriate assessment techniques to ensure that the learning has transferred
- Application of a range of training evaluation models, thereby ensuring that your organisation benefits from the training
“I found the structure of the training exceptionally supportive to an effective learning environment and the content challenging and rewarding. Mike quickly established friendly and open communication amongst all those attending the course and structured the course material and delivery to achieve the best possible results in the short time. Mike was always open to offering assistance outside the course on his own personal time, which both I and and the rest of the group deeply appreciated and found very reassuring. I am delighted with both the learning and certification from this programme and would highly recommend Mike as a trainer to anyone looking for the certification.” (Richard O’Regan – LeisureWorld)
The programme covers the following areas:
- Adult Learning Principles
- Roles and Competencies of an Effective Trainer
- Motivation and its Relevance to Training
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Communication Skills
- Group Dynamics in a Learning Environment
- Setting Training Objectives
- Preparing for Delivering Training
- Training Delivery Strategies
- Learning Assessment and Training Evaluation
A daily outline plan for the training is as follows:
• Welcome and General Overview of Programme
• Adult Learning Theory
• Learning Methods
• Laws of Learning
• Learning Cycle
• Motivation and its Relevance to Training
• Characteristics of an Effective Trainer
• Presentation Skills 1
• Communication Skills in Training Delivery
• Barriers to Communication
• Active Listening
• Effective Questioning Techniques
• Giving and Receiving Feedback
• Group Dynamics in a Learning Environment
• Setting Training Objectives
• Presentation Skills 2
• Preparing for Training Delivery
• Training Delivery Strategies
• Assessment Techniques
• Evaluation of Training
• Developing Evaluation Questionnaires
• Skills Demonstration Practice Sessions
• Skills Demonstration Assessment Process
• Other Evaluation Models
• Equality and Diversity Issues for Trainers
• Technology Based Training
• Project and Learner Record Assessment Requirements
To achieve certification, you will be required to undertake an assessment process that includes a skills demonstration (which will be delivered on Day 4 of the programme), and a project and learner record that will be submitted three weeks after the final day of the programme.
Skills Demonstration (40%):
You will be required to deliver a skills-based training session of 15 minutes duration on Day 4 of the programme. You will follow this by assessing the learning and providing appropriate feedback to trainees on their performance.
You are provided with a project brief which requires you to produce evidence of researching and undertaking a review of training evaluation models. You will also be required to implement an evaluation process for an actual training session and to report on both success areas and areas for programme improvement.
Learner Record (20%):
You are required to maintain a learner record throughout the duration of the programme. Particular areas of focus will include those that impacted (positively or negatively) on the training and will include reference to the concepts and theories underlying training delivery, in addition to the training related areas of legislation.
In addition to dedicated email and phone support during and after the programme, Mike Roche will also provide a 1-hour webinar tutorial to aid you in the preparation of your Project and Learner Record.
Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification.
Who Should Attend
This programme is suitable for:
- Managers or supervisors responsible for the training and development of staff
- People who may be seeking to change direction in their professional lives and explore employment opportunities in the area of training
- Individuals wishing to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the area of training
Mike made the course interesting and engaging for all attendees through the use of various teaching styles and exercises. He was very professional, knowledgeable and approachable at all times throughout the programme. After the programme was completed, he also made himself available for support with the project and learner record. The programme content was very interesting and I have found it has vastly improved my ability to structure and deliver training in the workplace.
(Steven Barry – VMware)
About the Trainer
- M.Sc in Training and Human Resource Management, University of Leicester
- B.E. Electrical Engineering, University College Cork
- Graduate Diploma in Management Studies, Institute of Commercial Management
- Focus on Training – Certificate in Training and Development, Irish Management Institute
Mike Roche has over 20 years experience in the manufacturing sector, working both in engineering and as a Learning and Development practitioner in a number of multinational organisations. He has held management positions in engineering and has also been a Training Manager in an FDA regulated medical device organisation.
Since establishing Mike Roche Training in 2010, his main activities include the design and delivery of both accredited and non-accredited training to all sectors in the areas of:
- Leadership Development
- Supervisory Management
- Train the Trainer
- Performance Management
- Influencing and Negotiating Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management and Personal Effectiveness
He is a full member of the Irish Institute of Training and Development (IITD), for whom he also delivers accredited training.
I found the programme engaging, relevant, and informative. I was especially impressed with Mike, who is a model example of the skills and ethos that he advocates. Throughout the course, Mike was patient and approachable and regularly adapted his training style to suit the needs of the group. In terms of the knowledge provided, Mike was well informed and comfortable with the topics covered. He drew from his own extensive experience to elaborate where required and answer any questions asked. I know that this course has had a positive impact on my skills and knowledge and I would defiantly recommend it, in particular if delivered by Mike, who added good humour, warmth, and genuine passion to every topic covered.” (Sara Callum – Capita Customer Solutions)
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type