Practical Productivity Using MS Outlook
- Would you like to have an empty inbox at the end of each day?
- Would you like to schedule realistic days and never have to worry about forgetting to do or follow-up on a piece of work?
- Would you like have an organised system that will help you work more effectively on a daily basis?
This Practical Productivity training course will provide you with a totally practical and workable solution to managing your workload and time more effectively.
This is not a standard Time Management training course. Although we cover ‘Time Management Best Practice’ at the beginning of the day, unless there is a practical way of actually applying that theory, it is just that – ‘Theory’. Therefore, the emphasis of the day is on the practical application of that theory using Microsoft Outlook as the tool.
Do not let e-mail control your day – instead you can take control through the customisation of MS Outlook and by using various features & tools within Outlook. Learn how to prioritise, set, manage and achieve realistic goals & tasks you set for yourself. Learn how to share information with other users and work more effectively as a group.
This course has been designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and competencies to effectively use Outlook as your organisational tool.
- All participants will be provided with an E-Bridge email address and phone number for any queries or questions that may arise following the training.
- All participants will be given access to a library of tutorials by way of an email containing the links to the relevant topics. As we record these tutorials ourselves the content / examples used will match those used during the classroom training. As a result the participants will find them to be relevant and easy to follow. The tutorials will be available to participants for a limited time period (6 months following the course).
- A Cork Chamber Skillnet / E-Bridge Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to each participant on completion of all courses. A sample copy is attached for your approval.
- This course is also a CPD accredited course accounting for 6 hours approved CPD credit.
Time Management Principles
- You can’t create time, but you can schedule it!
- Setting Goals & Prioritising
- Tips for getting started
- Break it down
- Prioritise – Important vs. Urgent
- Managing time – Interruptions etc.
- Work Smarter – Communicate & Delegate
- Time Stealers – What are yours?
- Top 10 – Time Management Best Practice
Overview of MS Outlook Basics
- Shortcuts & Speed Keys
- Changing View Preferences
- Navigating through mail quickly
- Selecting & Forwarding Multiple Messages
- Creating and using signatures
- Use Auto Text for frequently used text
Customise MS Outlook
- Change Default settings to ensure Outlook is working for you.
Working with your Personal Calendar and Tasks
- Using the Calendar & Tasks together as your planner
- Creating Personal Tasks / To-Do’s
- Prioritising Tasks
- Re-dating Tasks
- Recurring Tasks
- Inserting Hyperlinks
- Marking Tasks Complete / Moving completed tasks
- Categorising Tasks
- Creating / Editing / Deleting Calendar Entries
- Printing the Calendar (workable format)
- Add Colour to your calendar
Working with email
- Act Now! – Apply the 4 D’s to your email.
- Manage workload by creating tasks directly from email.
- Keep a record – Working with Folders
- Follow-up on Sent Items
- Creating Rules to act on Incoming and / or Outgoing Mail
- Mailbox Full? – Create a Personal Folder File
Working with your Address Book
- Adding / Editing / Deleting Contacts
- Add Sender to Address Book / Gather other contact information from an E-mail
- Creating Groups (Distribution Lists)
- Use contacts to store frequently accessed information.
Working with others / Data Collaboration
- Using the Out of Office Assistant
- Scheduling Meetings with others
- Delivery Options for Meeting Invitations
- Respond to Meeting Invitations
- Cancel / Re-Schedule Meetings
- Sharing your calendar / opening other user’s calendars
- Accessing Group Calendars
You should have a working knowledge of MS Outlook.
Who Should Attend
If you feel overwhelmed by emails and workload and believe that…. “There aren’t enough hours in the day”. If you would like a practical solution that can immediately be implemented on return to the office then this course if for you.
FOLLOW-UP 1-1 IMPLEMENTATION (Optional)
Following the training course, there is an option of having some 1-1 training in order to ensure that the content of the course is actually being implemented in the workplace. These 1-1 sessions can either take place on the phone, or preferably at the person’s desk and of a 1 hour 1-on-1 session. There is an additional charge for this service so you can decide yourself if you would like to avail of it or not which can be arranged with the trainer directly on the day of the course.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES. As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type