PMP & PMI Prep. (Project Management Professional & Exam Preparation)
What is the Project Management Course all about?
This four-day Complete Project Management Professional (PMP) ® training course provides detailed insight into Project Management best practices, covering the 10 knowledge areas & 49 processes within (PMBOK®Guide) 6th edition, including Project Management Framework and Concepts. This course also prepares you for the PMI exam and PMP® certification. The PMP® certification is internationally recognised as the leading qualification for project managers. This course uses the latest edition of the “Project Management Body of Knowledge” (PMBOK® Guide) Sixth Edition.
The Complete Professional Project Management training course is designed to establish a detailed understanding of Project Management tools, techniques and processes. The hands-on approach of this course ensures you “learn by doing” and gain a step-by-step, real-time experience of using the tools and implementing the methodologies and support structures. The course is designed to be practical and help you apply the knowledge to the workplace. A suite of tools and templates will be provided upon completion of the course.
Top 3 Learning Outcomes:
- This course is approved by the PMI®, and students who successfully complete this course are awarded 35 PM Contact Hours or Professional Development Units (PDUs) which is documented via a PMI® REP® certificate from Aspira.
- Completion of this course ensures you meet the training requirements of CAPM® certification or PMP ® certification.
- Course follow-up includes provision of soft copies of a number of PMBOK-compliant Project management Tools and Templates – ready for immediate use in the workplace.
Group 1: 30th April, 1st May, 8th May, & 9th May
Group 2: 30th October, 31st October, 5th November, & 6th November
This 4-day PMP® Complete Project Management Professional Training course covers the following:
Project Management Framework and Concepts:
- Project Management Framework
- Project Management Processes
- The Project Environment
- Project Phases and Development Life-cycles
- The Role of the Project Manager
Project Management ten knowledge areas:
Project Integration Management
- Develop Project Charter
- Develop Project Management Plan
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Manage Project Knowledge
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Close Projects or Phase
Project Scope Management
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create WBS
- Validate Scope
- Control Scope
Project Schedule Management
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop Schedule
- Control Schedule
Project Cost Management
- Plan Cost Management
- Estimate Costs
- Determine Budget
- Control Costs
Project Quality Management
- Plan Quality Management
- Manage Quality
- Control Quality
Project Resource Management
- Plan Resource Management
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Acquire Resources
- Develop Team
- Manage Team
- Control Resources
Project Communications Management
- Plan Communications Management
- Manage Communications
- Monitor Communications
Project Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Implement Risk Responses
- Monitor Risks
Project Procurement Management
- Plan Procurement Management
- Conduct Procurements
- Control Procurements
Project Stakeholder Management
- Identify Stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
PMP® or CAPM® Exam Application Preparation
PMP® or CAPM® Exam Application Preparation:
- Practice exams based on the (PMBOK® Guide) 6th edition throughout the four days with full review of answers.
- Recommended exam study techniques and tips to ensure you are prepared for the (PMBOK® Guide) 6th edition exam.
- Summary handout of overview of (PMBOK® Guide) 6th edition to aid you in your studies.
- Preparation for the PMI® online application process, which includes documentary evidence of your project management education and project management experience. On successful submission you can take your exam at the nearest pro-metric centre.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. However, the eligibility requirements to sit the PMP® certification exam depend upon your education background and experience.
- If you hold the equivalent of the Leaving Certificate, then you need a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a project management environment to sit the PMP® certification exam.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, then you need a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a project management environment to sit the PMP® certification exam.
- If you have no experience in Project Management you can sit the CAPM certification exam.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals who have been directly involved in initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of any kind of projects.
- Professionals who are working as project managers or key project or program team members.
- Those who want to get a recognized Project Management qualification and who recognize project management as a core part of their professional experience.
This course is approved and audited by the Project Management Institute, and students who successfully complete this course are awarded 35 Contact Hours/Professional Development Units (PDUs) which is documented via a Certificate of Completion.
Completion of this course also gets participants to meeting their PMP certification and/or CAPM certification educational requirements.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type