This programme is designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to improve your self-management, prioritise your tasks, plan your time more effectively to achieve your personal and organisational goals and, as a result, improve your overall personal effectiveness.
Top 3 Learning Outcomes
- Prioritise tasks more effectively using the Time Management Matrix.
- Manage time robbers and wasters more efficiently.
- Communicate more effectively, thereby improving overall personal effectiveness.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Assess your work priorities and schedules.
- Prioritise your tasks.
- Set individual goals and objectives.
- Plan your time effectively to achieve your personal and organisational goals.
- Identify and manage time robbers such as emails, meetings, phone calls and interruptions.
- Overcome Procrastination.
- Manage your communications more effectively.
- Delegate tasks effectively.
- Effectively manage upwards.
- Improve your work output as a result of improved personal effectiveness.
“Mike’s facilitation style allowed the delegates to actively participate in the Personal Effectiveness and Time Management programme. As a result of his approach, the participants felt that they maximised the learning outputs, thereby empowering them to quickly implement practical solutions on returning to their daily roles.” – (Alison O’Regan – University of Limerick)
Who Should Attend?
This programme is targeted at all employees who wish to maximise their effectiveness and improve their overall performance at work.
The programme covers the following areas:
Effective Time Management
- Components of Time Management
- Benefits and Challenges of Effective Time Management
- Compiling a Time Log
- 4D Process – Important vs. Urgent Tasks
- Prioritisation and Designing an Effective ‘To Do’ List.
- Setting SMART Goals and Objectives
- Identifying Time Robbers
- Managing Interruptions
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Assertive Behaviour
- Getting the attention of a busy person
- Saying what you want to say
- ‘Managing your Manager’
Emotional Intelligence & Influencing Others
- Personal Brand
- How are you perceived by others?
- Active Listening
- Written Communication
“In the time that Cook Medical has been involved with Mike Roche Training, we have used his programmes as an integral part of our training calendar. Mike has shown great flexibility in being able to adapt the programmes to meet our specific needs, ensuring that the exact learning outcomes were achieved, to the overall benefit of the organisation. Specific feedback from the Personal Effectiveness and Time Management programme indicated that employees were immediately able to take the learning and apply it in their specific job functions.” – (Sinead Kennedy – Cook Medical)
About the Trainer
- M.Sc in Training and Human Resource Management, University of Leicester
- B.E. Electrical Engineering, University College Cork
- Graduate Diploma in Management Studies, Institute of Commercial Management
- Focus on Training – Certificate in Training and Development, Irish Management Institute
Mike Roche has over 20 years of experience in the manufacturing sector, working both in engineering and as a Learning and Development practitioner in several multinational organisations. He has held management positions in engineering and has also been a Training Manager in an FDA regulated medical device organisation.
Since establishing Mike Roche Training in 2010, his main activities include the design and delivery of both accredited and non-accredited training to all sectors in the areas of:
- Leadership Development
- Supervisory Management
- Train the Trainer
- Performance Management
- Influencing and Negotiating Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management and Personal Effectiveness
He is a full member of the Irish Institute of Training and Development (IITD), for whom he also delivers accredited training.
“Mike has a very clear, concise and supportive training style which allows you to apply each area of the course to your own experience and work environment. I would highly recommend this course and Mike Roche as a trainer.” – (Jenny Madigan – Trend Micro)
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About this Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type