People & Performance Management
Managing teams effectively requires managers to drive themselves and their teams’ performances. A truly effective team will be one that is better managed through better planning and better communication. The successful team will also benefit from playing to the strengths of individual members, whilst contributing to overall achievement.
Session 1 (AM)
What is performance management?
- Your people are the difference
- Getting more from your team
What might be the benefit for our business?
- Recognising great performance
Introduction to SMART objectives
- Being specific to the business’ needs
- Setting achievable goals
- Need for realistic objectives and timings
Session 2 (PM)
Communication with Your Team
- Sharing the dream
- Leading not managing
- Encouraging contribution and engagement
- What gets measured gets managed
- Ensuring understanding
- Regular feedback (informal and formal)
Managing Performance of the Business
- Case studies
- Open discussion on problems and solutions
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for owner/managers and those seeking to develop a career in management.
About the Trainer
Keith Harford (MBA) is a highly experienced trainer having worked with businesses for over 30 years. He blends practical skills with academic learnings, to help people develop their true potential.
Top 3 Learning Outcomes
- Build self confidence in managing your people;
- Set clear, measurable and achievable objectives;
- Be better equipped with tools to get the best from your team.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type