Multi-Cultural Workforces – Communication & Engagement
This Multi-Cultural Diversity programme is aimed at individuals or groups that need to communicate successfully, work, and establish productive relationships during face-to-face or virtual contact with colleagues, clients or business contacts from different cultures and backgrounds, working across time zones and in different international locations.
The workshop has been designed to raise awareness and understanding of cultural differences in the international work environment, to enhance practical cross-cultural communication and work skills and improve confidence when communicating across cultural and language barriers.
It will offer participants a unique opportunity to learn about cultural norms, values and beliefs; gain a higher level of self-awareness and personal fulfilment while enhancing positive impact on colleagues, clients or business contacts from diverse backgrounds.
The focus is not just about training; it is about delivering a high level of “cross cultural intelligence” that embeds understanding and a deep sense of practical application.
On completion of this programme, participants will be equipped with the skills, knowledge and competence in their development of a high level of cross cultural intelligence in the workplace.
• Understand the legislative framework associated with diversity
• Assist the participant in truly understanding cross cultural communication and cultural diversity in the workplace
• Offer concrete applicable tips for putting in place effective cultural diversity strategies and actions into every day practice within their organisation
• Using Insights Discovery Psychometric Profiling and it’s easy to understand “language”, to facilitate the participant to develop personal awareness in relation to their own culture and how they relate/appreciate the culture and difference of others; how to adapt and connect with others, removing cultural barriers, to manage and de-escalate conflict
• Equips the participant to effectively and efficiently work with cultures other than their own; Will assist participants in recognising how diversity brings a greater skills base to a team and thereby promotes better teamwork
• Provide a proactive approach to managing diversity in today’s workforce; equips people with a clear action plan to apply to their work situation post the programme
• Develop high level interpersonal communication skills and be able to build interpersonal effective multi-cultural interpersonal relationships
• Develop personal process management skills and coaching and facilitation skills to manage the delivery of results in a multi-cultural environment
• Learn top tips to manage conflict and manage expectations
• Business Case Learning Outcomes: Taking into account of the above, in turn has significant potential to deliver Return on Investment for the business by increasing productivity and profitability.
Who Should Attend
A practical and interactive workshop, the course is designed for any and all staff who work in a multi-cultural environment.
It is designed for existing and new staff who wish to develop high level cross cultural intelligence & Interpersonal skills to operate effectively and efficiently in a multi-cultural environment.
Section One: Introduction to Culture
Section Two: Self-Awareness
Section Three: Cross Cultural Interpersonal Skills
Section Four: Delivering Organisational Results in a Multi-Cultural Environment
Section Five: Presenting/Pitching the benefits of cultural diversity
Section Six: Review of Learning & Putting it into Practice
The programme includes the use of Discovery Psychometric Profiling as a tool to develop self-awareness and understanding of others. This profiling tool must be completed prior to starting the programme and can be taken in up to 38 languages.
About this form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnets from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type