Microsoft Word – Report and Business Writing
MS Word Training Course – what’s it all about?
This one-day training course will give you the day to day functionality of MS Word from using shortcuts to more advanced features, placing an emphasis on the business and report writing functionality.
You will look at document layout from tabs and tables to maintaining effortless consistency through the use of styles and the automation of more time intensive tasks such as generating a table of contents. You will also troubleshoot the more frustrating topics such as achieving alternating headers, footers and page numbering.
What’s covered in the MS Word Course?
Overview of Basics
- Overview of Speed Keys from Level One to perform everyday tasks more quickly
- Quick Editing Tips
- Formatting Tips and Speed Key
- Using the Clipboard Task Pane to Move & Copy text.
- Setting Indents
- Setting and Using Tab Stops – How should they be used?
- Page Breaks V’s Section Breaks
- Changing the Page Setup including margin settings.
Headers and Footers
- Working with Headers and Footers
- Page Numbering
- Different First Page
- Odd and Even Headers and Footers
- Alternating Headers and Footers (Sections)
- Creating a table
- Formatting a table
- Inserting / Deleting Rows and Columns
- Resizing Columns
- Setting tabs in a table
- Borders and Shading in Tables
- Sorting within a table
- Calculations in tables
Enhancing Overall Document Appearance
- Cover Page
- Paragraph Borders and Shading
- Page Borders
Consistent Document Formatting & Table of Contents
- Working with existing Styles
- Creating, Modifying & Deleting Styles
- Organising Styles / Sharing Styles
- Inserting & Updating a Table of Contents.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type