- Module 1: Thursday 22nd April – 09:30am – 11:00am
- Module 2: Thursday 29th April – 09:30am – 11:00am
- Module 3: Thursday 6th May – 09:30am – 11:00am
- Module 4: Thursday 13th May – 09:30am – 11:00am
These online webinars have been designed to replace classroom-based training whilst people are required to work from home. Participants have the option of either attending the live webinars at the scheduled date and time or alternatively can view a recording of the webinar at a time that suits them. Recordings will be available for 6 months after completion and a link to the recording will be sent to all participants following the live webinar along with all relevant course files – exercises, user reference guides etc. A trainer will be on hand via email to answer any queries or questions that might arise following the training.
1: EFFECTIVE PRESENTATION SKILLS/POWERPOINT ESSENTIALS
- Effective Presentation Skills – Some theory
- What makes for an effective presentation?
- Who and Why?
- Presentation content
- Presentation structure
- Effective visual aids
- How to engage your audience
- Do’s and Don’ts of PowerPoint
- Microsoft PowerPoint basics
- Creating presentations and working with slide layouts/placeholders
- Navigating the presentation
- Re-ordering/duplicating/deleting slides.
- Exploring slide layouts – Bullet/Two Content/Comparison
2: FORMATTING / ALTERNATIVES TO BULLETS
- Font, FIlls, Lines/Copying formats
- Formatting slide backgrounds
- Working with the Slide Master
- Applying Design Themes
- Working with Sections.
- Working with SmartArt
- Inserting SmartArt.
- Editing & Formatting SmartArt
- Changing Layout/Design etc.
- Inserting and modifying table layout
- Table Design – Formatting/Table Styles
- Table Layout Ribbon
3: CHARTS / PICTURES-IMAGES / DRAWING TOOLS
- Creating Charts
- Adding/Removing chart elements
- Changing the chart type
- Working with the Chart Design ribbon
- Working with the Chart Layout ribbon
- Inserting a logo on a slide/slide master
- Inserting and working with images and pictures
- Editing/Cropping images etc.
- Using Screenshot and Screen Clipping
- Working with drawing tools
- Grouping/ungrouping objects
- Re-Order/Aligning objects
- Working with WordArt
4: VIDEO / AUDIO AND THE FINISHING TOUCHES / OUTPUT
- Creating and working with custom Design Templates.
- Inserting/Basic editing of Video & Audio
- Screen Recording
- Working with slide sorter view
- Working with transitions
- Working with animation/custom animation – Entrance/Exit/Emphasis/Motion Paths
- Creating and Running a Slide Show
- Presenter View
- Creating notes pages
- Printing the presentation – Slides/Handouts/Notes Page
- Recording a Slide Show
- Converting a PowerPoint slide show to a video
This course is suitable for those who are totally new to MS PowerPoint. We will cover the essential functionality of PowerPoint at a pace that is suitable for total beginners.
This module is CPD Accredited and 1.5 CPD hours can be awarded to each attendee of the live session.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for those who are new to using MS PowerPoint and may never have attended the training.
All participants will be given access to a recording of the webinars by way of an email along with relevant files and user reference guides. The webinars will be available to participants for 6 months following the course.
A Cork Chamber Skillnet/E-Bridge Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to each participant on completion of all courses.
This course is available to anyone in employment who is looking to gain basic knowledge of how to use PowerPoint, everyone is welcome.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About this Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type