MS Excel Intermediate
This course is suitable for those who are currently using MS Excel on a regular basis but may not have attended formal training recently or may never have attended training. It is also the next step for those who have already completed Excel Level One and would like to explore further functionality available within MS Excel. You should have a good working knowledge of Excel before attending this training, if this is not the case, please complete the Excel Level One course prior to attending this Level Two programme.
We will begin the day with an overview of some of the Level One topics. This will act as a recap for those who have already attended Level One, and will ensure that the experienced users who have not attended Level One become more aware of the use of Speed Keys etc. We will then cover some of the intermediate topics – working with and linking multiple worksheets, creating charts, managing lists (Sorting & AutoFilter) among some other options.
- Excel Essentials – Data Entry, Navigating, Editing, Formatting, Moving & Copying – Clipboard Task Pane etc.
- Managing and working with lists – Sorting & Filtering, Freeze Panes, Print Titles.
- Formulas and Functions – Sum, Average, Min, Max, Count – Relative v’s Absolute when copying formulas.
- Multiple worksheets – Inserting, Deleting, Linking,
- Charts – Creating, Editing, Formatting, Combined charts, Secondary Axis.
- All participants will be given access to a library of tutorials by way of an email containing the links to the relevant topics. As we record these tutorials ourselves the content / examples used will match those used during the classroom training. As a result the participants will find them to be relevant and easy to follow. The tutorials will be available to participants for a limited time period (6 months following the course).
- A Cork Chamber Skillnet / E-Bridge Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to each participant on completion of all courses. A sample copy is attached for your approval.
- This course is also a CPD accredited course accounting for 6 hours approved CPD credit.
Excel Basics (An Overview)
- Review of Excel Basics concentrating on quick methods of performing commonly used commands / features including an overview of Speed Keys
- Advanced Formatting Options
- Using the Format Painter
- Deleting Formats
- Using Auto Format
- Conditional Formatting
Viewing and Modifying Worksheets
- Zoom Setting
- Splitting a Worksheet
- Freezing Titles
- Print Titles
- Hiding and Un-hiding Columns and Rows
Formulae and Functions
- Recap of Basic Formulae
- Recap of Basic Functions
- Copying Formulae
- Relative vs. Absolute cell addressing
- Working with Lists in Excel
- Creating Custom Lists
- Incrementing Numbers & Dates
Working with Multiple Worksheets
- Switching between sheets
- Inserting / Renaming / Deleting sheets
- Moving / Copying sheets
- Group Edit
- Linking sheets using Formulae
- Breaking Links
Charts and Drawing Tools
- Creating a chart
- Changing the Chart Type
- Changing / Adding chart elements
- Formatting charts
- Moving / Resizing the chart
- Creating combined charts
- Displaying data on a secondary axis
- Sorting Records
- Using AutoFilter
Working with Dates
- Formatting Dates
- Date Calculations
- The Today Function
On completion of this course participants will be able to use much of the functionality with MS Excel including:
- Competent use of Shortcut Keys
- Use formatting tools such as the format painter
- Write and copy formulas – Relative / Absolute
- Work with multiple worksheets and write formulas across sheets / Link Sheets
- Create professional looking charts and use drawing tools to enhance these
- Use the database functionality of MS Excel – Sorting & Auto Filter
This course is suitable for those who are currently using MS Excel on a regular basis but may not have attended formal training recently or may never have attended training.
Participants should have a basic working knowledge of Excel before attending this course.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type