MS Excel Advanced
This course is designed to follow-on from the MS Excel Intermediate course. Having already familiarised yourself with the most efficient way of performing everyday tasks, and having covered some intermediate tasks, it is now time to build on that knowledge.
A large proportion of the course is dedicated to using the Database Features in MS Excel – this is a very powerful side to Excel that not many people utilise to its fullest potential.
Useful functions such as IF and Lookups are covered in addition to automating tasks using Macros etc.
- All participants will be provided with an E-Bridge email address and phone number for any queries or questions that may arise following the training.
- All participants will be given access to a library of tutorials by way of an email containing the links to the relevant topics. As we record these tutorials ourselves the content / examples used will match those used during the classroom training. As a result the participants will find them to be relevant and easy to follow. The tutorials will be available to participants for a limited time period (6 months following the course).
- A Cork Chamber Skillnet / E-Bridge Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to each participant on completion of all courses. A sample copy is attached for your approval.
- This course is also a CPD accredited course accounting for 6 hours approved CPD credit.
On completion of this course participants will be proficient in the more advanced functionality of MS Excel including:
- Advanced Data Analysis – Advanced Filtering, Creating Names Ranges, Sub-Totalling feature, Database Function, Pivot Tables
- Recording Macros
- IF, Lookup and other functions
- Goal Seek & Scenario Manager
- Protecting worksheets & workbooks
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for experienced users of MS Excel. Ideally you should have completed an Intermediate training course prior to attending this advanced programme. Please review the course outline as this is the content that will be covered on the day.
Essentials and shortcuts
– An overview / recap of some essential Intermediate topics
– Run-through of shortcuts
– Creating a named range
– Redefining a named range
– Users for named ranges
– Upper / Lower / Proper Functions
– Text to columns
– Right / Left / Mid Function
– Sorting Records
– Using AutoFilter
– Removing duplicates
– Subtotalling lists
– Database Functions – DSUM / DAVERAGE / DMAX / DMIN / DCOUNT
Working with Pivot Tables
– Pivot Table Concepts
– Setting up the Pivot Table Layout
– Refreshing Pivot Table Data
– Using PivotTable AutoFormat
– Filtering PivotTable Data
– Creating calculated fields
– Grouping dates and values
More on Functions
– Using the COUNT Functions
– Using LOOKUP Functions (Vlookup & Hlookup)
– Using the IF Function
– Using IS Functions
– Using the SUMIF Function
– Creating Formulae with Nested Functions
– PMT Function
What IF Analysis
– Using Goal Seek
– Scenario Manager
– Using the Auditing Toolbar
– Tracing Precedents & Dependents
– Recording & Running Macros
– Assigning a Macro to the quick access toolbar
Content, Worksheet & Workbook protection
– Data validation
– Protecting Worksheets
– Protecting Workbook Access
– Assigning Password Protection
– Removing a Password
– Preventing Changes to a Workbook
A large proportion of this course is dedicated to using the Database features in MS Excel which many people don’t utilise to its full potential. It’s highly recommended that you first attend Excel Intermediate prior to this course.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type