Mobile Video Creation
The Vidacademy was established in 2015 to make creating mobile video simple for everyone. We achieve this through workshops, one to ones, online support and workbooks.
We empower individuals and organisations to share their stories with the world by demonstrating the best processes, apps, tools and platforms that they can use themselves.
The Vidacademy’s One Day Mobile Video Production Workshop takes a deep dive in mobile video production. Participants will be guided through the video production process from planning to uploading. The workshop gives attendees the chance to apply what they’re learning to their objectives. This includes filling out workbooks, filming interviews and editing their footage together.
The Vidacademy believes that once a person knows how to make one video, they will have the ability and confidence to make many more.
Top 3 Learning Outcomes
- Learn how to plan a mobile video using The Vidacademy’s 8 Steps for Planning an Excellent Video.
- Practice mobile filming techniques.
- Discover the capabilities and functions of two mobile editing app.
I had a brilliant time learning mobile videomaking from Judie Russell today. Pretty sure she packed in an entire media production degree into a 4 hour session! Can’t recommend @TheVidacademy more, and super excited to make our promo vid for @CorkDiscovers – Amy Dozier, UCC MaREI
Who Should Attend
- Marketers and Communicators
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
- Anyone interested in creating video content
Participants should have an up to date smartphone (e.g. iPhone 6 or Samsung Galaxy S7 or newer) and a desire to create regular video content.
Participants who fully engage in The Vidacademy workshop will:
- Learn how mobile video content is planned, filmed and edited.
- Gain confidence in incorporating video production into future marketing strategies.
- Be better equipped to collaborate with video professionals for more advanced video production as they will be familiar with the language, cost and time involved in video production.
- 09:30-10:00 – Introduction and Story Spines
- 10:00-11:30 – 8 Steps to Planning Mobile Videos
- 11:30-11:45 – Morning Break
- 11:45-13:00 – Mobile Filming Tips and Techniques
- 13:00-14:00 – Lunch Break
- 14:00-15:00 – Mobile Editing Demonstration
- 15:00-15:15 – Afternoon Break
- 15:15-15:45 – Mobile Editing Practice
- 15:45-16:15 – Video Marketing Tips and Strategies
- 16:15-16:30 – Feedback and Conclusion
We used The Vidacademy to support our participants to shoot and edit their own videos for a recent showcase event. I was delighted with the videos and the feedback from the audience at the event was great. Judie has that great ability to combine a relaxed and sunny disposition with an attention to detail, professionalism and project management expertise which makes it very easy to work with her. I will be using The Vidacademy again. – Liam Fitzgerald, New Frontiers Cork
About the Trainer
Judie Russell graduated from University College Cork in 2006 with Masters in Business Economics. Over the next 5 years, she lived and worked in 11 countries including Costa Rica where she worked with an affiliate marketing company presenting videos and producing over 100 minutes of YouTube content weekly – from live shows to industry news stories.
On returning to Ireland she completed a FETAC Level 6 in TV and Video Production. She then directed, produced, presented and edited a magazine show that broadcast weekly on SKY. Then continuing to edit RTE’s longest-running hidden camera show “The Fear”, and she was part of the small team behind the box office hit “The Young Offenders” the fastest Irish film to reach the €1m mark at the box office in 2015.
Judie spoke at MojoCon 2016, the largest mobile journalism conference in the world, about how she turned her passion for storytelling into a mobile video training business. Judie has trained hundreds of people in mobile video production and she guest lectures in University College Cork.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About this Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type