Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt)
Each attendee will receive a certificate of completion of the training course at the end of Day 8 once they successfully pass the examination. This course is also a QQI Level 5 certified course. The certification will require completion by each attendee of an Assignment, Skills Demonstration and a Project.
What’s it all about?
Lean Six Sigma is about Continuous Improvement (CI) and has been part of business practice for decades. Essentially CI is a ‘change for the better’. Sometimes we perform these changes as part of our day-to-day business activities, other times we need to have a specific goal or objective to achieve that takes the form of a project.
What’s so good about Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are vital assets to any business. They are key employees equipped with specialist tools to make these ‘changes for the better’ happen. Utilizing a vast array of tools, Lean Six Sigma focuses on improving speed and quality of a product or service, regardless of the industrial sector or size of the business, helping a business in becoming better and faster, providing a greater value product to the customer.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are extremely flexible weapons in reducing costs. They can lead cost reduction projects, simply be project team members or use Lean Six Sigma tools whilst performing key everyday activities. Green Belts help a business in becoming better and faster. Green Belts impact the bottom line.
What’s Green Belt Training?
Green Belt Training includes Lean, Six Sigma and Change Management tools and methodologies. The training focuses on utilizing the most common Lean Six Sigma and Change Management tools in the execution of medium complexity projects. The format of the training will be tutor led. The training is very interactive thus there is a lot of emphasis on group dynamics and ensuring the attendees participate and interact with the trainer and each other. The training is conducted through presentations, simulations, role plays, group exercises,
discussions and case studies.
Green Belt Training offered by Alora Consultants includes Lean, Six Sigma and Change Management tools and methodologies. The training focuses on utilising the most common Lean Six Sigma and Change Management tools in the execution of medium complexity projects.
The format of the training will be tutor led. The training is very interactive thus there is a lot of emphasis on group dynamics and ensuring the attendees participats and interact with the trainer and each other.
The training is conducted through presentations, simulations, group exercises, discussions and case studies.
By the end of this training programme the attendees will be able to:
1. Understand Continuous Improvement
2. Understand Lean Six Sigma methodology and DMAIC
3. Understand Change Management and tools used
4. Understand how to use the most important tools in DMAIC phases
5. Identify sources of waste and variation within the business
6. Use Lean Six Sigma as an efficient and effective cost reduction strategy
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those employees within a business who are engaged in daily problem solving and/or project management, for example Process Engineers, Quality Technicians and Engineers, Maintenance, Supervisors, Managers and Project Managers.
To maximise the training, it is strongly recommended that each attendee would bring a project idea to the training, so they may practice the skills and methodologies learned in the training class by doing them in the project duing and after the class training – ‘learning by doing’.
The trainees will be evaluated on 2 different levels.
Level 1 – Reaction
The reaction of the trainees to the training programme will be evaluated at the end of each day through an informal feedback method and at the end of training programme through a formal feedback form. The results of the feedback will be shared with the Client.
Level 2 – Learning
The skills, knowledge and attitude of the trainees will be evaluated at the end of the programme by the completion of an examination. Results will be shared with the attendees and the Client.
The certification will require completion by each participant of an Assignment (A Lean review of business), Skills demonstration (Value Stream Mapping) and a Project.
The training is conducted through presentations, simulations, role plays, group exercises, discussions and case studies.
* Introduction & Overview
– Introduction to Course
– Course agenda
– Learning outcomes
* Continuous Improvement
– History of Continuous Improvement
– Its current use in business today
– History of Lean
– Introduction of the Five Lean Principles
– Value Analysis – Value Adding & Non Value Adding (Waste)
– Waste Identification – TIMWOOD
– Lean Tools
– Toyota Production System
* Six Sigma
– History of Six Sigma
– Statistical Six Sigma
– Different roles of Six Sigma
– Relationship between DPMO Yield & Sigma levels of quality
– Structured project teams and root cause analysis
– DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control)
– The role of DMAIC in problem solving
– What the 5 phases entail
– Definition of a project
– Project Stages and Stage Gates
– Typical projects
– Case studies
* Change Management
– What is Change Management?
– Why is it so important?
– How people react to change
– How people build resistance to change
– Leadership conditions for change
– Change Management Process
– Define a change in terms of current, future and transition states
– Create an elevator speech
– Define roles, responsibilities and relationships
– Plan a change by surveying the business
– Complete a stakeholder anslysis
– Identify resistance to change
– Create Change Management action plans
– How and when Change Management is needed in a DMAIC project
– Project Charter
– Project Team Structure
– Project Planning
– Customer Analysis
– Define Gate Review
– Process Mapping
– Data Collection
– Basic Statistics
– Measurement System Analysis
– Baseline calculation
– Measure Gate Review
– Basic Root Cause Analysis
– Determining Critical Root Causes
– Analyse Gate Review
– Prioritising Solutions
– Piloting Solutions
– Lean Process Improvements
– Improve Gate Review
– Control Measures
– Control Plans
– Project Closure
About this form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnets from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type