Leading with Emotional Intelligence
8th & 9th October, 2019
The Leading with Emotional Intelligence programme provides you with the understanding and capability to develop your social and emotional skills, thereby advancing your ability to influence others towards achievement of high levels of personal and professional effectiveness.
Upon completion of this programme, you will:
- Recognise the impact of emotional & social awareness on work processes and relationships
- Identify how the key functions of leadership are enriched through the application of emotional and social effectiveness techniques
- Understand Emotional Effectiveness Competencies and how to develop them
- Align emotional effectiveness competencies with leadership functions, using the EQi-2.0 Leadership Report
- Understand how to create a workplace culture that delivers performance results through effective relationships
- Be in a position to lead more emotionally effective teams
- Use emotional effectiveness to advance personal development, improve work relationships, and contribute to significantly enhanced business outcomes
- Build a developmental action plan designed to strengthen personal emotional effectiveness
On completion of this programme, you will:
1. Have gained insight into the Meaning and Value of Emotional Effectiveness in the context of organisational leadership
- Understand the emotional brain and its links to effective leadership practice
- Understand the workplace impact of behaviour and emotions
- Understand the role of social engagement in impactful leadership
2. Understand the Emotional Awareness Framework
- Be able to define Emotional & Social Intelligence (EI)
- Understand the business case for EI
- Have explored the link between EI competencies and leadership
3. Have gained personal insight through the EQi-2.0TM Assessment Process
- Review of individual EQi-2.0TM results
- Exploration of individual strengths and areas for enrichment
- Selection of development areas for enhancing personal emotional effectiveness
- Addressing personal responses to the assessment
4. Have developed their individual Emotional Leadership Capability
- Developing Self Understanding
- Developing your capacity for effective Self Expression
- Exploring your individual awareness and engagement potential
- Developing your influencing skill
- Becoming a more resilient leader
- Developing your teamwork and collaboration potential
- Advancing your decision-making and conflict handling capability
Participants should hold a FETAC Level 5 Certificate, Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences.
Some experience in managing people and work performance is an advantage.
Who Should Attend
Managers and other individuals who is responsible for managing people and their performance in workplace environments.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type