Influencing & Negotiating Skills
• M.Sc in Training and Human Resource Management, University of Leicester
• B.E. Electrical Engineering, University College Cork
• Graduate Diploma in Management Studies, Institute of Commercial Management
• Focus on Training – Certificate in Training and Development, Irish Management Institute
This programme is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand their own influencing and negotiating style and to use it to their best advantage. The importance of focused communication and adopting an assertive approach to managing conflict are also highlighted.
At the end of this programme, successful participants will be able to:
• Define negotiation and influencing.
• Identify the key traits of a successful negotiator.
• Communicate more effectively within their circle of influence.
• Identify their preferred influencing style.
• Highlight the role that assertiveness plays in influencing others.
• Demonstrtae an understanding of the the principles and objectives of negotiation.
• Apply the tools and techniques necessary to become skilled at influencing, negotiating and managing conflict.
Who Should Attend?
The programme is suitable for people whose roles involve negotiating, influencing and reaching agreement with others.
What is Negotiation?
• Types of Negotiation
• The Negotiation Facts of Life
• Good Negotiating Characteristics
• Types of Communication
• Active Listening
• Characteristics of Assertive Behaviour
• How to say ‘No’ Assertively
• Dealing with Aggressive Behaviour
Emotional Intelligence and Influencing Others
• Personal Brand
• How are you perceived by others?
• Different Influencing Types
• Sources of Conflict
• Different Approaches to Managing Conflict
• Developing the Collaborative ‘ Win-Win’ Approach
Negotiation Styles and Strategies
• Positional Bargaining
• Principled Negotiation
• Negotiation – a game of strategy
• The Negotiation Process
• Managing Obstacles
• Moving from Bargaining to Closing
About this form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnets from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type