Finance for Non-Finance Managers
In order to maximise your contribution to a business, all managers need to have a solid understanding of finance. The aim of the Finance for Non-Financial Managers course is to give managers from a non-financial background the opportunity to gain a better understanding of the basic principles of business finance and to become more confident in addressing matters of a financial nature.
This programme is suitable for managers and executives with responsibility for managing budgets, company directors with limited or no financial background or entrepreneurs with little or no previous financial experience. Owners of start-ups who want to learn more about business finance will also benefit from taking part.
- Business and finance: The concept of risk and reward, business organisation and role of finance, development and growth of businesses.
- Understanding financial statements: Users of financial statements, accounting principles and financial reporting, basic book-keeping, Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements.
- Financial management: Reading and interpreting financial statements, ratio analysis, break-even analysis, cost accounting, working capital management and cash flow forecasting, gearing and equity and debt financing, finance raising, business valuations.
- Financial planning: The components of a good business plan, planning process, variance analysis, capital budgeting, role of finance in planning process
- Intro to finance & accounting to explain the importance of finance and accounting in a modern business.
- The main financial statements, the users of accounts and the difference between financial and management accounts.
- How the financial statements are prepared.
- Fundamental accounting concepts
- Interpreting financial statements
- The Annual Report
- Key issues to be addressed in preparing financial statements and course wrap up.
This course is ideal for managers, team-leads, supervisors or executives with responsibility for managing budgets, company directors with limited or no financial background or entrepreneurs with little or no previous financial experience. Owners of start-ups who want to learn more about business finance will also benefit from taking part.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type