Digital Marketing & Social Media for Business
This 4 day Digital Marketing & Social Media for Business Programme is designed to equip you with the skills to develop and implement your own digital marketing strategy. It will offer a comprehensive look at the most relevant tools and techniques to make digital marketing work for you and your business.
You will understand what makes an effective website, how to optimise it for search (SEO), be able to use the most effective digital channels for your business and have the skills and tools to be able to use them effectively.
You will have evaluate your own website effectiveness and will create an action plan for implementation after the course
You will have the skills, tools and knowledge to be able to use all digital marketing channels effectively and will have gained hands on experience using each platform and a range of free and low cost online management and monitoring tools.
What’s Covered in this Digital Marketing Training Course?
Day One: Digital Marketing Strategy and Online Advertising
Day Two: SEO & Making Your Website Work
Day Three: Social Media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
Day Four: LinkedIn and E-Mail Marketing
Digital Marketing Training Course Dates:
- May 9th, 16th, 23rd, & 30th
- July 25th, August 1st, 8th, & 15th
- October 3rd, 10th, 17th, &24th
Training Course Outline
Day 1 – Morning – Digital Marketing Strategy
- Introductions & your key objectives for the programme
- An introduction to digital marketing landscape and how it has evolved
- Understating relationship marketing and how you can use it effectively in your business
- An introduction to the main platforms (more details covered in each individual module)
- Strategy development stages – a walk through the key steps to creating a digital marketing strategy
- Tool kit – access to a range of free and low-cost tools to aid with measuring your campaigns and activity
- Case studies of relevant businesses succeeding online
Day 1 – Afternoon – Online Advertising
- A walk through step by step on setting up a successful Google AdWords search campaign
- An introduction to display advertising and Google remarketing
- Practical experience creating an effective Google search ad
- Conversion tracking and reporting
- Case studies and examples of successful online advertising campaigns
Day 1 – Practical Elements
- Participants will get time to write an effective Google ad
- Q&A throughout
Day 2: SEO & Making Your Website Work
- Understating how searchers use search engines and how it is evolving
- 3 SEO stages and how to optimise a site at each stage:
- on-page SEO, off-page SEO and technical SEO
- Tools to assist with managing and monitoring SEO g. Analytics, Google Search Console, Speed Testing tools, Keyword research tools
- Evaluating website SEO: all participants will evaluate your own website SEO and make an action plan for implementation after the course
- Key components to developing a successful website that generates sales and leads including:
- User experience (UX) which looks at the structure and flow of information
- Design – the needs to have and the like to have
- Calls to actions and a review of their landing Tools for creating landing pages for specific campaigns
- Building in credibility using reviews, testimonials
- Content creation and blogging – tips and techniques on how to write for website visitors
- Tool kit – access to a range of free and low cost tools
- Case studies and examples of effective websites
Day 2 – Practical Elements
- You will be provided with an action plan template and during the workshop they will be given the time to evaluate your own websites and SEO and create an action plan for implementation after the course
- Q&A throughout
Day 3: Social Media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
Please bring your social media account access details
- Understand the importance of using social media to drive people to your website and creating effective landing
- Developing a social media strategy and monitoring it
- Setting up pages/accounts and a walk through the key features of each platform
- News feed filters – how they works on each social media channel and proven techniques on how to get better visibility and better engagement levels
- Know how to create an effective competition on each social media Creating an effective social media competition strategy that delivers enhanced page activity but also enables data capture for use in email marketing / text marketing. Understand data protection laws.
- Live streams – the key considerations when shooting a live video and tips for delivering a successful live shoot
- Social media advertising: the key steps and considerations when running an advertising campaign on social media
- Tool kit: hands on experience using a range of tools for content creation g. Canva, Biteable for Video, apps like Wordswag, FilamoreGo etc.
- Case studies and examples of successful Facebook pages
Day 3 – Practical Elements
- You will get time to review your social media pages/accounts and make key settings and content changes
- Q&A throughout
Day 4: Morning – LinkedIn
Please bring your LinkedIn account access details
- An introduction to LinkedIn, what it is and who is using it
- LinkedIn etiquette – understanding what is expected
- Account levels and upgraded accounts – the advantages of upgrading
- Using LinkedIn to increase brand awareness and brand exposure
- Defining the businesses target audience in LinkedIn g. Location, roles, specific companies, company sizes etc. and how to reach the target audience using LinkedIn but staying within LinkedIn guidelines and etiquette
- Sales funnel – a look at the different ways LinkedIn can fit into your current (or new) sales funnels
- How to publish content effectively in LinkedIn using sharing and publishing tools available
- Finding relevant groups and ways to utilise groups for networking and business opportunities
- Case studies – relevant case studies
- Setting up/editing their profile
- Q&A throughout
Day 4: Afternoon – Email Marketing
Please create and bring your MailChimp account details with you
- What is email marketing and how are businesses using it to generate sales and quality leads
- Data protection: a run through current data protection and tips for staying compliant with GDPR
- Data collection: online and offline opportunities
- Designing an effective email marketing newsletters / e- zine / e-shot
- Mail chimp – hands on experience using MailChimp email marketing tool
- Report analysis – what the report tell you and how to analyse them
- Case studies: examples of similar businesses using email effectively
- Setting up a template in Mailchimp
- Q&A throughout
About the Trainer
Sandra Hennessy, Be Dynamic
Sandra holds the NUI Certificate in Training and Continuing Education and has over 16 years’ experience in delivering successful online marketing services, mentoring, consultancy and training.
Be Dynamic was set up in August 2010 and Sandra has worked in digital marketing since 2002. The business has gone from strength to strength and she works with a large portfolio of clients including LEO’s, Irish Times Training and The Irish Internet Association, Fáilte Ireland, Digital Marketing Institute, Enterprise Ireland, Skillnet and many private clients which consist of many SMEs.
Sandra works with a diverse range of sectors and she understands the hurdles businesses face in this digital age. Sandra delivers training on a variety of digital marketing topics including best practice web development and online advertising, email marketing, social media, SEO and mobile.
Sandra is a leader in her field and has been identified by many as a top resource of information on new technologies, tools and trends that will assist with the successful creations, implementation and management of digital marketing campaigns
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type