Customer Service & Complaint Handling
This course is not a certified programmes however we can provide a certificate of attendance where needed.
The aim of this workshop is to help you develop a greater understanding of the importance of communicating effectively with customers both on the telephone and on a face-to-face basis. You will learn the importance of managing and exceeding expectations at every step of the service cycle and effectively deal with complaints in a calm and assertive way, without reacting inappropriately resulting in satisfied and loyal customers.
“We recently engaged Call Focus to arm our team with the necessary tools to continue to deliver an excellent level of Customer Care. Call Focus worked with us to understand our business, our clients and assess our requirements. The training was tailored to meet our requirements and the delivery carried out in a professional and enjoyable manner. The staff were unanimous in the appreciation of the benefits of the training and it has certainly increased their confidence in their ability to deliver an excellent level of customer service.”
Siobhan O’Callaghan – Payroll Manager – Contracting Plus
Top 3 Learning Outcomes
- Develop highly effective communication skills and a greater awareness of how you may influence customers in a positive or negative way, by the way you interact with them over the telephone and on a face to face basis.
- Learn to adjust your mindset, avoid complacency by putting yourself in the shoes of the customer and gain a greater understanding of their perspective, helping you to connect with your customers more effectively
- Build the confidence to handle difficult situations and awkward customers in a calm and competent manner, helping to resolve customer complaints successfully.
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Apply highly developed communication skills for improved customer relations
- Adjust your mind-set and avert complacency – look at things through the eyes of the customer
- Build confidence with customers, whilst portraying a helpful and friendly attitude
- Learn the power of body language to communicate effectively especially with groups of people
- Use the telephone effectively to create the right impression even under pressure
- Put customers at ease, build trust and create empathy to make a connection
- Learn to really listen to customers, ask the right questions and understand their needs
- Talk to customers in their own language – know what to say and how to say it
- Encourage customer feedback and make it easy for customers to complain
- Learn to be assertive when dealing with different personalities and irate customers
- Avoid defensive behaviour and trigger words that irate customers
- Deal with criticism, remain calm, speak clearly and defuse the situation
- Differentiate between different levels of dissatisfaction and respond appropriately
- Resolve customer complaints and difficult situations in a confident and competent manner
- Keep promises, keep customers informed, meet expectations & respond quickly and effectively
- The essence of effective communication to meet customer’s expectations
- A complaint is a gift – the opportunity to create a positive outcome
- The importance of a positive attitude to create great first impressions
- The traffic lights philosophy for measuring a customer’s reaction
- Handle telephone calls with confidence & maintain control even under pressure
- The power of body language to get on the customers side and make a connection
- Essential and active listening skills and the importance of showing empathy
- Understand what customer’s really want – ask the right questions to meet expectations
- Tone of voice – it’s not what we say, it’s how we say it
- Encourage and motivate feedback and complaints from customers to improve business
- Distinguish between what you can control and what you can influence for a positive outcome
- Measure the severity of complaints to provide the appropriate response required
- Work under pressure to defuse the situation – deal with criticism, remain calm & speak clearly
- Assertive behaviour – the appropriate behaviour for interacting with customers
- Manage different types of customers and difficult situations positively
- Excel in service recovery management & always follow up – from complaint to satisfaction
“[…]From the moment, I spoke with Karen, I found her to be helpful and eager to learn about our business, so she could deliver a customised workshop for us. Karen interacted very well with the team and superbly delivered the training, making the day a positive experience for all the team. They left feeling very happy and empowered that they had the tools to professionally take the lead with customers. And even the language and permission to say sometimes say no when needed. We really felt the time out was well spent and worthwhile. I would use Karen and can highly recommend her as a dedicated and highly skilled trainer. Thanks again Karen!
Jaclyn Ward – Head of Design – Poppulo
Everyone is welcome.
Who Should Attend
A practical and interactive one to two day workshop, the course is designed for all who work directly with customers both on the telephone or on a face to face basis – includes managers, field support, administrators, reception, managers, customer service etc.
About the Trainer
- B.A. (Hons) Degree in Business Studies – Dublin Business School (John Moore’s University)
- Certificate in Advertising – College of Commerce DIT & Joint Advertising Education Committee
- Certificate in Applications Programming 417 – City & Guilds of London Institute
- Certificate in Continuing Education – NUI Maynooth (1st class honors)
- Special award (HETAC 7) in Managing and Mentoring People – LIT Letterkenny
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Licensed Practitioner – May 2017
- Completed the “Train the Trainer” in European Consumer Law – October 2017
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type