Cert. in Supervisory Management (QQI Level 6)
- 4-Days: 21st & 28th of April, 12th & 28th May
- 4-Days: 8th, 15th & 22nd of July, 19th August
- 4-Days: 10th, 17th & 24th September, 15th October
The purpose of this Certificate in Supervisory Management Programme is to equip learners with the tools and techniques necessary to effectively manage a team. Participants will acquire a range of supervisory and management skills, in addition to improving their interpersonal and communication skills. The programme combines proven leadership techniques with practical advice on how to maximise your team’s performance and engagement.
Top 3 Learning Outcomes
- Appreciate that an organisation’s human resources are its most valuable asset.
- Develop essential skills for leading and managing a team successfully.
- Achieve targets while maintaining high levels of motivation throughout the team.
“I attended the Supervisory Management programme delivered by Mike Roche in 2019 and I can’t recommend it highly enough. The course content was well laid out, easy to understand and the pace of delivery was perfect. Mike’s approach to training made me feel at ease and he was extremely approachable when I needed help or advice. Overall, it was a fantastic course, delivered by an excellent trainer and it gave me the appropriate skills needed to excel as a manger within my organisation.”
(Paul Hurley, Poppulo)
At the end of this training programme, participants will be able to:
- Identify the supervisory skills required to succeed in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate effective workplace communication skills when dealing with their team and colleagues.
- Display a high level of Emotional Intelligence in their dealings with others.
- Apply the skills required to lead and manage a team effectively.
- Implement effective performance management techniques.
- Successfully lead and manage their team through change processes.
- Apply a logical approach to analysing situations and making decisions.
- Plan, organise and monitor effectively.
- Develop operations manuals for work-related procedures, including systems for records management.
- Identify best practices in the ongoing training and development of their staff.
- Utilise effective time management techniques.
- Employ effective delegation skills for employee development and motivating others.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process and demonstrate an understanding of their legal obligations.
- Identify the main provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Prepare departmental budgets, taking into account a range of potential expenses such as labour and material costs, insurances and contingency.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is suitable for:
- Existing Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in Supervisory Management.
- Newly appointed Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage operations, people and teams.
- Managers in business who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people through teamwork.
- Employees who plan on progressing to a supervisory role.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the area of Supervisory Management
The programme covers the following areas:
• Roles and Responsibilities of a Supervisor / Team Leader
• Effective Communication
• Emotional Intelligence and Influencing Others
• Building and Engaging Effective Teams
• Leadership Styles
• Performance Management
• Assertiveness and Managing Conflict
• Leading and Managing Change
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Planning and Organising
• Time Management and Personal Effectiveness
• Role of Delegation in Supervisory Management
• Review of Employment Legislation.
• Recruitment and Selection
• Data Protection
To achieve certification, each candidate will be required to undertake an assessment process that involves a skills demonstration (where candidates will be required to keep a log/record of supervisory management activities undertaken) and a portfolio/collection of work.
Both parts of the assessment will be subject to external verification by QQI. Further details on the assessment process include:
Skills Demonstration (60%):
Candidates will provide evidence of their skills in the following areas by compiling an account of their experiences, observations, and implementation of the knowledge and skills gained on the programme.
Portfolio / Collection of Work (40%):
Candidates are required to produce a Portfolio / Collection of Work that demonstrates their knowledge and understanding in several key areas.
The Portfolio / Collection of Work must be submitted within two weeks of the final classroom delivery day.
In addition to dedicated email and phone support during and after the programme, Mike will also provide two 1-hour webinar tutorials to aid participants in the preparation of their Skills Demonstration and Portfolio/Collection of Work.
About the Trainer
• M.Sc in Training and Human Resource Management, University of Leicester
• B.E. Electrical Engineering, University College Cork
• Graduate Diploma in Management Studies, Institute of Commercial Management
• Focus on Training – Certificate in Training and Development, Irish Management Institute
Mike Roche has over 20 years experience in the manufacturing sector, working both in engineering and as a Learning and Development practitioner in numerous multinational organisations. He has held management positions in engineering and has also been a Training Manager in an FDA regulated medical device organisation.
Since establishing Mike Roche Training in 2010, his main activities include the design and delivery of both accredited and non-accredited training to all sectors in the areas of:
• Leadership Development
• Supervisory Management
• Train the Trainer
• Performance Management
• Influencing and Negotiating Skills
• Presentation Skills
• Time Management and Personal Effectiveness
He is a full member of the Irish Institute of Training and Development (IITD), for whom he also delivers accredited training.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About this Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type