Cert. in Supervisory Management
The main purpose of this Supervisory Management Programme is to provide candidates with the tools and techniques necessary to work in a supervisory management role in a wide variety of organisations by instructing them in key areas such as their roles and responsibilities, employment legislation, recruitment, performance management, data protection, operational planning and budgeting.
What’s in it for me?
At the end of this programme, you will be able to:
• List the roles and responsibilities of a supervisor/line manager.
• Identify the skills required to lead and manage a team effectively.
• Analyse the process of staff recruitment.
• Identify the key areas of workplace legislation and best practice in staff supervision.
• List the main provisions of the Data Protection Act.
• Develop operations manuals for work-related procedures, including systems for records management.
• Prepare departmental budgets, taking into account a range of potential expenses such as labour and material costs, insurances and contingency.
• Identify best practices in the ongoung training and development of their staff.
• Manage performance and conduct effective performance appraisals.
Is this course for me?
This course is ideal for anyone who is:
•An existing Team Leader and/or Supervisor who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in Supervisory Management.
• A newly appointed Team Leader and/or Supervisor who wishes to learn how to manage operations, people and teams.
• A manager in a business who has direct reports and who wishes to learn best-practice techniques for managing people through teamwork.
• Anyone who wishes to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the area of Supervisory Management.
• Role of the Supervisor
• Qualities of an Effective Supervisor
• Role Assessment Exercise
• Effective Communication
• Emotional Intelligence and Influencing Others
• Building and Engaging Effective Teams
• Leadership Styles and Supervisory Models
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Motivation Practices in Supervisory Management
• Performance Management
• Assertiveness and Managing Conflict
• Operational Planning
• Setting Goals & Objectives
• Conducting a Training Needs Analysis
• Time Management
• Personal Effectiveness
• Effective Meetings
• Role of Delegation in Supervisory Management
• Individual Employment Legislation Presentations
• QQI Supervisory Management Assessment Process (1)
• Individual Skills Demonstrations
• Recruitment and Selection
• Data Protection
• Budget Planning
• QQI Supervisory Management Assessment Process (2)
What is the QQI Qualification?
This is a 4-day accredited programme leading to a QQI Level 6 Supervisory Management Award (6N4329).
To achieve certification, each candidate will be required to undertake an assessment process that involves a skills demonstration (where candidates will be required to keep a log/record of supervisory management activities undertaken) and a portfolio/collection of work.
Skills demonstration (60%):
Candidates will provide evidence of their skills in the following areas by compiling an account of their experiences, observations, and implementation of the knowledge and skills gained on the programme. They will present their findings on the final day of the programme.
Portfolio / Collection of Work (40%):
Candidates are required to produce a Portfolio / Collection of Work that demonstrates their knowledge and understanding in a number of key areas.
The Portfolio / Collection of Work must be submitted within two weeks of the final classroom delivery day.
Leaving Certificate or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
Candidates should have organisational support and ongoing access to appropriate supervision practice experience in the workplace.
About this form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type