Cert. in Supervisory Management (QQI Level 6)
Course Run Dates:
- Day 1. Wednesday May 1st
- Day 2. Wednesday May 8th
- Day 3. Wednesday May 15th
- Day 4. Wednesday May 22nd
- Day 5. Wednesday May 29th
What is this course all about?
This Supervisory Management training programme will give you the opportunity to gain the knowledge and expertise required to excel in a managerial role.
You will develop a range of supervisory and management skills, as well as improving interpersonal and communication skills.
You will be equipped with the required skills to manage, supervise and systematically lead your team, or project, using proven communication and teamwork skills.
You will also have access to an extensive resource library for the duration of the programme via New Links Training Solutions’ Learning Management System.
What’s in it for Me?
- Explore the key concepts/principles of Supervisory Management & assess your own management style
- Improve interpersonal and work place communication skills; utilise company tools and practices to the supervisory role as appropriate – e.g. Lean Mindset
- Evaluate the challenges and demands of stepping up to a supervisory role
- Employ a range of team leadership skills to include Negotiation, Delegation, Motivate and Problem Solving
- Apply up-to-date industry standards, guidelines and recommended practices in supervisory management
- Manage departmental budgets, create and evaluate effective work plans & demonstrate a systematic approach to operational planning
- Recognise the necessary precautions for safeguarding information and data
- Evaluate staff recruitment procedures & complete a range of staff supervision activities
- Assess staff training needs and implement basic training processes
Is it for Me?
This course will appeal to current managers, supervisors and team leads or professionals who have recently stepped up into a supervisory role, and those seeking to expand their existing leadership skills and employees who plan on progressing to a supervisory role.
About the trainer
Martina Harte is an experienced educational consultant, trainer, manager and facilitator deeply committed to the development of human potential. Her experience in education/training delivery at every level on the national qualification framework (QQI)and across the diverse fields of business and educational leadership development equips her with the knowledge and flexibility to meet the needs of the learners. Martina held a senior management role for fifteen years in Waterford Institute of Technology, as Head of Department of Student Life and Learning during a period of rapid change and expansion in the Institute. She led a diverse team of professionals and grew her own department from inception to becoming a model of best practice in the sector. Martina joined New Links Training Solutions in 2016 specialising in delivering professional development programmes including Supervisory Management, Train the Trainer, Coaching in addition to delivering a range of bespoke programmes. Martina holds two master’s degrees, one in Teaching and Learning and a second in Educational Guidance, counselling and Career Planning.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type