Building & Leading High-Performance Teams
This 3-day Building and Leading High Performing Teams course takes a comprehensive look at leadership styles, leading and motivating employees and developing high-performance teams.
Based on the principle that no leadership behaviour is suitable for all situations, the highly interactive programme is designed to provide participants with an insight into their current behavioural traits, preferred leadership styles and the ways in which they can adapt these to become more effective leaders. Gaining immediate feedback from fellow delegates, they explore the characteristics of a good manager and leader, as well as becoming more aware of the differences that may exist between their own motivations and those of their team members. This will allow them to understand how they can better motivate others, both as individuals and as teams, in a way that enhances overall performance.
All participants will practice and solidify their leadership development and team building skills directly by taking part in extensive experience related exercises during the programme- where they work in leadership situations during the course, determine relevant factors in choosing a leader, recruit and select teams, make decisions, manage conflict, delegate tasks, assign roles & responsibilities and assess their own and others’ ability to successfully lead.
This programme is highly applied learning, within a safe interactive learning environment.
They can bring direct experience of their work situation into this course and be able to directly apply the learning; in a confidential and safe learning environment.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specifications.
What’s in it for Me?
By the end of this 3-day course, trainees will be able to:
- Identify your current preferred leadership styles and practices.
- Recognise the difference between leadership and management and how different styles impact on performance.
- Learn what makes a good leader.
- Learn how to motivate individuals to willingly expend effort on a task.
- Develop a toolbox of motivational skills.
- Develop individual and team performance management skills
- Understand how to develop and influence others.
- Learn how to choose an appropriate leadership style based on the situation at hand.
- Develop decision-making skills and chose appropriate decision-making styles increasing your chances of successful implementation.
- Recognise and learn how to manage stress within the team.
- Managing team dynamics to ensure that the team is working at peak performance
- Identify team member strengths and their role preferences
- Recognise behaviour traits in self and others
- Gain a better understanding of differing personalities and what motivates them, leading to better communications and teamwork.
- Allocate tasks and learn when and how to delegate to reduce overload and burnout.
- Understand how teams develop over time.
- Build supportive and effective teams and networks.
- Recognise and understand different team roles and their importance in effective team building.
- Learn how to lead groups to deliver objectives and outcomes
Who Should Attend
This 3-day workshop on Building and Leading High Performing Teams is designed for professionals who seek to develop their skills in the areas of leadership and communication, in order to build better performing teams, particularly in cases where effective team-work is a fundamental pre-requisite for success. It is highly suitable for those who want directly applicable learning which they can apply immediately on return to their workplace.
The participants also have an opportunity to have 1-1 coaching as part of the process.
Those who have previously participated in and benefited from this 5-day workshop include owners, directors, managers, team leaders, supervisors, and team leaders as well as aspiring leaders.
Good teams do not build themselves. You have to lead – you need to put in place a process and a structure to form and develop the team, to maintain team motivation, and to ensure team delivery.
- Introduction to personal awareness and personal leadership styles using Insights Discovery Psychometric Profiling- Learn about yourself, your styles, your opposites and motivation/decision making preferences
- Identify your current preferred leadership styles
- Practical application of the difference between leadership and management and how different styles impact on performance.
- Identify characteristics of “good leader”.
- Different motivation toolboxes based on different styles and preferences of individuals on the team
- Different stages of team development
- Introduction to the Motivation Toolbox – motivational skills.
- Team alignment- aligning the individuals to the team and business strategy- key skills and tools
- Developing individuals and influencing individuals
- How to determine the optimum/ appropriate leadership style based on the situation at hand.
- Develop decision making skills and chose appropriate decision making styles to increase opportunities for success.
- Setting goals and objectives- Team involvement in setting goals and when you have to be the boss!
- Recognition of stress and managing stress within the team
- Developing team dynamics toolbox to ensure that the team is working at peak performance
- Team member strengths and their role preferences-use of Insights Discovery Team Effectiveness Wheel to determine individual and team strengths and challenges- assigning roles and responsibilities and avoiding pitfalls.
- Managing individual and team performance management.
- Key techniques to identify positive and challenging behaviour traits in self and others
- understanding of differing personalities and what motivates them, leading to better communications and teamwork.
- Key strategies to manage conflict in a 1-1 setting as well as a team environment.
- Identify key “Hot” issues – i.e. Allocate tasks/rosters/duties, when and how to delegate to reduce overload and burnout.
- Map out team development over time by individual and team
- Creating the right team environment to optimise success
- Developing different team roles according to need and strengths – their importance in effective team building.
- Key techniques to lead groups to deliver objectives and outcomes
- How to recognise success and achievement effectively – hitting the right tone
- Managing poor performers and managing the impact on group performance
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type