Building & Leading High-Performance Teams
- 1st, 8th, & 9th April
This 3-day Building and Leading High Performing Teams course takes a comprehensive look at leadership styles, leading and motivating employees and developing high performance teams.
Based on the principle that no leadership behaviour is suitable for all situations, the highly interactive programme is designed to provide you with an insight into their current behavioural traits, preferred leadership styles and the ways in which they can adapt these to become more effective leaders. Gaining immediate feedback from fellow trainees, you will explore the characteristics of a good manager and leader, as well as become more aware of the differences that may exist between your own motivations and those of your team members. This will allow you to understand how you can better motivate others, as an individual and as teams, in a way that enhances overall performance.
You will practice and solidify your leadership development and team building skills directly by taking part in extensive experience related exercises during the programme. You will work in leadership situations during the course, determine relevant factors in choosing a leader, recruit and select teams, make decisions, manage conflict, delegate tasks, assign roles & responsibilities and assess your own and others’ ability to successfully lead.
This programme is highly applied learning, within a safe interactive learning environment.
You can bring direct experience of your work situation into this course and be able to directly apply the learning; in a confidential and safe learning environment.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific to meet your requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, please contact email@example.com.
Top 3 Learning Outcomes
- Full motivational road map for high performance team development
- Significant development of Leadership skills and high- level team performance management skills
- Development of self- awareness and awareness of team dynamics which has the power to be transformational within your own team
What’s in it for Me?
By the end of this 3-day course, you will be able to:
- Identify your current preferred leadership styles and practices
- Recognise the difference between leadership and management and how different styles impact on performance
- Learn what makes a good leader
- Learn how to motivate individuals to willingly expend effort on a task
- Develop a toolbox of motivational skills
- Develop individual and team performance management skills
- Understand how to develop and influence others
- Learn how to choose an appropriate leadership style based on the situation at hand
- Develop decision making skills and chose appropriate decision-making styles increasing chances of successful implementation
- Recognise and learn how to manage stress within the team
- Managing team dynamics to ensure that the team is working at peak performance
- Identify team member strengths and their role preferences
- Recognise behaviour traits in self and others
- Gain a better understanding of differing personalities and what motivates them, leading to better communications and teamwork
- Allocate tasks and learn when and how to delegate to reduce overload and burnout
- Understand how teams develop over time
- Build supportive and effective teams and networks
- Recognise and understand different team roles and their importance in effective team building
- Learn how to lead groups to deliver objectives and outcomes
“The programme has been transformational in terms of my personal awareness and awareness of the teams that I work with; I have directly and positively used the results to make significant changes in my work.”
- Introduction to personal awareness and personal leadership styles using Insights Discovery Psychometric Profiling- Learn about yourself, your styles, your opposites and motivation/decision making preferences
- Identify your current preferred leadership styles
- Practical application of the difference between leadership and management and how different styles impact on performance
- Identify characteristics of “good leader”
- Different motivation toolboxes based on different styles and preferences of individuals on the team
- Different stages of team development
- Introduction to the Motivation Toolbox – motivational skills
- Team alignment- aligning the individuals to the team and business strategy- key skills and tools
- Developing individuals and influencing individuals
- How to determine the optimum/ appropriate leadership style based on the situation at hand
- Develop decision making skills and chose appropriate decision-making styles to increase opportunities for success
- Setting goals and objectives- Team involvement in setting goals and when you must be the boss!
- Recognition of stress and managing stress within the team
- Developing team dynamics toolbox to ensure that the team is working at peak performance
- Team member strengths and their role preferences-use of Insights Discovery Team Effectiveness Wheel to determine individual and team strengths and challenges- assigning roles and responsibilities and avoiding pitfalls
- Managing individual and team performance management
- Key techniques to identify positive and challenging behaviour traits in self and others
- Understanding of differing personalities and what motivates them, leading to better communications and teamwork
- Key strategies to manage conflict in a 1-1 setting as well as team environment
- Identify key “Hot” issues – i.e. Allocate tasks/rosters/duties, when and how to delegate to reduce overload and burnout
- Map out team development over time by individual and team
- Creating the right team environment to optimise success
- Developing different team roles according to need and strengths – their importance in effective team building
- Key techniques to lead groups to deliver objectives and outcomes
- How to recognise success and achievement effectively – hitting the right tone
- Managing poor performers and managing impact on group performance
Everyone is welcome
“The programme has awakened my motivation to re invigorate my team; I have a large team and I felt I needed to upskill in terms of motivating and engaging with my team. The programme was a brilliant motivator.”
Who Should Attend
This 3-day workshop on Building and Leading High Performing Teams is designed for professionals who seek to develop their skills in the areas of leadership and communication, in order to build better performing teams, particularly in cases where effective team-work is a fundamental pre-requisite for success. It is highly suitable for those who want directly applicable learning which they can apply immediately on return to their workplace.
The participants also have an opportunity to have one-on-one coaching as part of the process.
Those who have previously participated in and benefited from this 3-day workshop include owners, directors, managers, team leaders, supervisors, and team leaders as well as aspiring leaders.
About the Trainer
Prior to The Discovery Partnership, Veronica Murphy had over 22 years of combined experience with international and indigenous companies in several sectors, holding positions in senior GM/Director management roles.
Consulting Partner – The Discovery Partnership – organisational strategy consultancy
Veronica trains, coaches and mentors with specialist expertise in linking business strategy to drive organisational scalability. She has a proven track record with public, private, multinationals and not-for-profit bodies.
Consulting Partner, The Discovery Partnership
Key Areas of Experience
Training, coaching, mentoring strategic development consultancy assisting companies in development of Strategic Planning, Business Growth Scaling, Strategic Leadership and Developing High Performance Teams, Building Team Effectiveness Specialist areas of expertise include:
- Business Succession Planning
- Leadership and Management Development
- Executive Coaching
- Conflict Management Resolution Skills and Strategies
William O Connor Managing Director, The Discovery Partnership
- Results driven, practical and hands-on professional with 20+ years in designing and facilitating high-performance programmes across a wide range of topics for Enterprise Ireland, LEOs, educational bodies and private clients.
- Reputation for excellent people and communication skills, especially when delivering financial concepts to non-finance personnel.
- Specialist in facilitating personal, motivational messages to individuals and teams.
- Positive and open to innovation, delivering practical solutions to a variety of business challenges.
- Highly experienced content designer and facilitator of multiplicity of hard and soft skills programmes across a wide variety of business, leadership, team and personal development.
- Specific programme which will focus on business development/sales, goal setting, business and strategic thinking and planning.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type