Advancing Leadership – Cert. in Business Coaching QQI Level 6
Certificate in Business Coaching Course:
“It’s not what you are that holds you back, it’s what you think you are….” Denis Waitley
At its core leadership is a relationship in which one individual influences others to achieve superior outcomes. It’s the form of this relationship that makes those who are capable of delivering advanced leadership practice stand out.
As a result, this Advancing Leadership programme is about developing the quality of the relationships in which you engage with workplace colleagues, to enable you to achieve extraordinary results.
The coaching process is about unlocking each person’s potential, to maximise his or her performance. And those who practice advanced leadership, deploy coaching as a fundamental practice in ensuring high performance outcomes in their organisations.
Learning Objectives of the Leadership & Business Coaching Course:
- Understand the distinctive nature of coaching leadership as an intervention designed to enhance workplace competencies and career advancement
- Be in a position to employ a range of coaching models designed to enhance your leadership capability
- Understand the organisational context in which leaders deploy coaching as a means of achieving advanced performance
- Have learned how to set goals for individual development
- Be in a position to build powerful leadership relationships
- Understand the non-critical, non-judgemental and confidential nature of coaching leadership relationships
- Have acquired the skills of rapport building, active listening, systematic questioning, feedback and empathy
- Have acquired an understanding of how personality and individual learning styles impact on the workplace learning environment
- Have developed advanced personal effectiveness as a coaching leader
- Be able to manage a coaching programme and evaluate the effectiveness of coaching as a development and performance tool
Training Course Dates:
March 26th, 27th, April 30th, May 1st & 21st, 2019
1. Understanding & Using Coaching Models
- Understand the principles of leadership coaching
- Understand & use a range of Coaching Models
- Reflect on, and evaluate, personal experiences of being coached
- Work through the principal steps in the coaching process
- Understand how and why individual performance can be improved through coaching
- Use the G.R.O.W. and Co-Active models of coaching
- Set meaningful and powerful coaching goals
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of coaching
- Understand how individual coaching can contribute to achievement of organisational goals
- Identify organisational and operational barriers to effective coaching
2. Core Skills of Coaching
- Understand rapport building
- Advanced listening skills
- Effectively use Questioning Skills
- Understand the role of questions in the coaching process
- Practice and apply feedback skills
- Understand the role of awareness and empathy in the coaching process
- Facilitate coaching models through selective questioning choices
- Carry out several practical coaching sessions
3. Building Coaching Relationships
- Understand the role of the Coach
- Be able to distinguish the coaching relationship from other helping roles
- Separate the coaching role from other organisational roles
- Be able to gain commitment for coaching objectives
- Be able to create the necessary safe and confidential conditions for coaching effectiveness
- Be able to agree outcomes and how expectations will be managed
- Understand a range of learning styles
- Be capable of aligning coaching and learning styles
- Understand and address the challenges in the coaching relationship
4. Building Personal Effectiveness as a Coach
- Understand what makes a good Coach
- Understand the importance of values & beliefs
- Be able to challenge limiting beliefs
- Understand how your personality type affects coaching behaviour
- Have undertaken an MBTI Step I personality assessment and received associated feedback
- Be able to build a coaching relationship with your team
- Undertake practical coaching skills demonstration
- Give positive and negative feedback
- Create empowerment and encourage positive attitudes and behaviours
- Overcome barriers to performance
5. Managing a Coaching Programme
- Manage a Coaching Programme
- Evaluate effective coaching plans
- Understand how a coaching programme can help achieve organisational goals and support organisational values
- Align individual coaching goals with team and departmental goals
- Negotiate and agree the boundaries of a coaching plan with stakeholders
- Understand the impact of a coaching programme on other areas of the organisation
- Create organisational networks to support a continuing coaching programme
- Evaluate the cost/benefit of coaching verses other learning and development methodologies
- Identify and address organisational barriers to coaching
- Prepare plans for individual coaching sessions and maintain records of outcomes
- Monitor the progress of individual learning and development
- Leaving Cert qualification or equivalent.
- Some experience in managing people and work performance an advantage.
Please bring any learning requirement or needs to our attention when booking.
Who Should Attend
Is this course for me?
Above all, this training course will equip you with the skills needed to develop individual performance in others.
Its focus is on the development of progressive leadership capability in the workplace, and it is not designed as a professional training in coaching practice.
The programme creates an understanding of the organisation and workplace context within which high performance and individual career development takes place and it will provide you with the skills, knowledge and tools that will enable you to deliver superior leadership in the workplace.
The programme will provide you with knowledge, skills and competence relating to concepts and theories associated with coaching models of practice, thereby enabling you to identify, select and apply effective relationship strategies in circumstances designed to enhance awareness and thereby progress organisation objectives.
This course can also be run as an in-company programme delivered on-site to meet your specific requirements. For more information on in-company delivery, or if you have any questions regarding this course, please Click Here.
This is a 5 Day accredited training programme leading to a QQI Level 6 Coaching Award, 6N3087.
Assessment of this programme will be by means of:
- An Assignment Component (40% of marks) in which participants engage with real life inter-module coaching engagements with fellow participants and submit associated Coach & Client Logs and a Written Report linked to workshop elements and
- A Practical Coaching Skills Demonstration (60% of works), which takes place during Module 5.
About This Form
The purpose of this booking form is to gather profile information about participants on programmes funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education & Skills (DES). Only aggregated participant data will be reported to the DES.
As an ongoing quality control measure and to ensure the highest possible standard of training, courses may be inspected from time to time.
If you would like to pay online, you ca do so now by clicking on the appropriate button for your membership type